北京赛车五码看号技巧|北京赛车pk十位定六码

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 雙語閱讀 > 雙語雜志 > 雙語達人 > 正文

自己給自己的恩賜

來源:滬江 編輯:alice ?  VIP免費外教試聽課 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Have you ever found yourself cribbing about having a busy life?

你發現自己每天都在胡亂摸爬滾打,忙亂的生活著嗎?
Feeling tired of waiting for a lift for so long because you don't want to take stairs?
不想爬樓梯,卻又因為等電梯的時間太長而感到疲憊嗎?
Felt so lazy that you didn't want to go to work/school/college?
感覺自己非常慵懶,不想去上班/上學/上課嗎?
Or even feeling so exhausted that you wished for a break where you could
或者感到如此筋疲力盡,想要隨便找個什么地方休息一下嗎?
just lie down on the bed all day and not worry about work/studies?
想要整體都躺在床上,不想擔心工作/學業?
My name is Beena, and my story begins from here..
我的名字叫Beena,我的故事就從這里開始。
I was born in a poor family where we, my parents, brother and myself lived in a small room for many years.
我出生在一個窮苦的家庭,我和我的父母,兄弟一家人多年來蝸居在同一個很小的房間里。
While growing up, I saw my parents making many sacrifices for me and my brother.
我慢慢長大,發現我的父母為我和我的哥哥做出了很多犧牲。
They wouldn't buy anything for themselves so that they could fulfil all our wishes.
為了滿足我們的一切愿望,他們從不為自己買任何東西。
The small amount of money they earned, they invested it all in our childhood
在我們的整個童年時期,他們把賺得的微薄的工資,全都花在我們身上了。
to make sure we don't feel lesser than other kids around us.
這樣一來,我們就不會覺得自己比周圍的其他小孩少了什么了。
I decided to focus on my studies and give my parents a better life,
我決心認真學習,讓我的父母過上更好的生活
the life that they deserve for all the hardwork and sacrifices they have made.
他們付出了那么多的辛勞,做出了那么多犧牲,他們理應過上更好的生活
I finished my graduation and got placed into a Leading firm in Audit industry.
畢業后,我在一家審計行業的名牌公司找到了工作。
In the process of fulfilling my dreams, I took my body, my health for granted.
為了完成自己的夢想,我完全忽略了自己的身體健康。
I was mentally exhausted.
我透支了自己的精力。
I had become a workaholic and that was the time I felt that I needed a break from work and relax for some time.
我變成了工作狂,直到那時我才發現,我需要暫停工作,好好休息一段時間。
I went to a doctor's clinic when I heard these 3 words which changed my life forever – I was diagnosed with Guillian Barre Syndrome (G.B.S).
我去了醫生的診所,聽到3個改變了我一生的字眼——我被診斷為患有吉蘭-巴雷綜合征。
It is a rare neurological autoimmune disorder which leaves your body paralysed.
這是一種罕見的神經免疫性失常,最終會導致癱瘓。
The cause of this disease is still unknown.
導致這種病的癥結還不為人知。
My breathing was becoming more and more difficult for me while I was in the ICU.
后來我住到了醫院的重癥監護病房,我感到呼吸都越來越困難了。
I was in the hospital for 2 months on life support.
我在醫院里住了兩個月,完全依靠生命維持系統活了下來
During these 2 months I had survived some near death experiences, including skin allergies and multiple infections.
在這兩個月里,我數次從瀕臨死亡的境地撿回一條命,皮膚過敏癥,還有多種感染癥都差點讓我死掉。
There is no cure for this disease apart from physiotherapy to regain the muscular strength and bring back the erased muscle memory.
這種病無法根治,只能依靠物理療法重新恢復肌肉的力量,找回被抹去的肌肉記憶。
I was sent home from the hospital immediately after being taken off the life support.
剛剛脫離生命維持系統,我就被醫院趕回了家。
My body was still fully paralyzed from neck down and I couldn't even lift a finger at that time.
那個時候,我的身體已經陷入了徹底的癱瘓,脖子以下都不能活動,連一根手指頭都舉不起來。
I started my Physical therapy from home.
我從家里開始做物理治療。
It took me 1 year to be able to take my first few steps with the help of a walker.
過了整整一年,我才能扶著拐杖走幾步路。
I had two options at that time, first was to give up
那時我有兩種選擇,要么選擇放棄
and accept that I will never be myself again and other was to keep pushing.
承認我永遠不可能恢復成原來的養子,要么 堅持抗爭下去
I chose to be my own miracle.
我選擇成為自己的奇跡
I practised more and more to learn how to walk with a stick,
我越來越勤加練習,學著用拐杖走路
how to go up and down stairs, how to sit and get up from a chair, how to turn,
學著上下樓梯,學著坐到椅子上,或者從椅子上站起來,學著轉身,
how to get into a car, how to walk while carrying a bag on your shoulders.
學著爬進汽車,學著一邊在肩膀上扛著背包,一邊走路

熱愛生命.jpg

I practised everything which could help me go to work without having any caretakers around.

我努力練習所有這些技能,希望能不依靠護工的幫助,就能獨自去上班
Another year passed and finally after 2 years of hardwork I was ready to go to work again.
又一年過去了,經過兩年的艱苦努力,我終于又開始工作了
now whenever I see someone cribbing about having a busy life,
現在,無論何時我看到那些盲目的忙碌著的人們
I tell them.. You are lucky! And it's a blessing..
我會告訴他們,你是幸運的,你還有健康的身體!
This journey has given me many life lessons:
這一路的艱辛歷程給了我很多終身受用的教訓:
1. Count your blessing every day, because everything that bothers you at this moment is in itself a blessing.
珍惜你每天擁有的幸運,因為此刻讓你感到煩惱的一切其實都是一種幸運
2. Never ever let someone's words decide your destiny . Be your own miracle.
別讓旁人的話決定你的命運,做自己的奇跡
3. If you want something to change, you need to change something.
如果你希望生活中發生變化,請先在自己身上做出一些改變
I still have a long way to go, but I have decided I will never give up my fight.
我還有漫長的康復之路要走,但我決定永遠不放棄
It's that door you choose will decide whether you will fly or live your life in a cage.
選擇什么樣的命運之門,決定了你將飛向藍天,還是被囚禁在牢籠中度過一生。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
miracle ['mirəkl]

想一想再看

n. 奇跡

聯想記憶
disorder [dis'ɔ:də]

想一想再看

n. 雜亂,混亂
vt. 擾亂

聯想記憶
regain [ri'gein]

想一想再看

v. 恢復,重回,復得

 
muscular ['mʌskjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 肌肉的,肌肉發達的

聯想記憶
audit ['ɔ:dit]

想一想再看

n. 審計,查帳
vt. 審計,旁聽

 
therapy ['θerəpi]

想一想再看

n. 療法,治療

 
syndrome ['sindrəum]

想一想再看

n. 綜合癥,典型表現

聯想記憶
rare [rɛə]

想一想再看

adj. 稀罕的,稀薄的,罕見的,珍貴的
ad

 
deserve [di'zə:v]

想一想再看

vi. 應該得到
vt. 應受,值得

聯想記憶
blessing ['blesiŋ]

想一想再看

n. 祝福,禱告

 
?

關鍵字: 雙語閱讀 自己 恩賜

發布評論我來說2句

    英語學習專題

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    北京赛车五码看号技巧